We are all excited to worship together again in the sanctuary. However, in order to keep everyone safe, we need to be aware of the safety precautions being implemented by the Blue Mound Trustees and Leadership Team. Please stay at home and/or worship with us remotely (see remote worship options below) if you have a fever, a new cough, trouble breathing, chills, muscle aches, a sore throat, loss of smell or taste, have experienced nausea or vomiting, or have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Please enter through the doors closest to the cemetery under the covered porch. The entrance will be labeled. If there is a line, please stand on the marker so that you will maintain a six-foot distance from others. A map with the available entrance and exits can be found below.
- All adults and children three years or older need to wear a mask while inside the building. If you don’t have a mask or forgot yours, we have extra, just ask! We will also take your temperature with a no-touch thermometer.
- We will direct you to hand sanitizing stations throughout the building. Please use the hand sanitizer as often as you feel the need.
- When entering the sanctuary, maintain a six-foot distance from others. The pews will be marked off so that available seats are easy to find.
- We will not have printed bulletins in order to decrease the amount of shared materials. We will be sending out bulletins via email that you can print and bring with you.
- Children are welcomed and encouraged to join us for worship. Due to safety reasons, there will be no nursery or children’s church at this time. We ask that the children stay seated during the children’s message, and we can’t wait to see them again.
- Please remember to keep six feet apart from people not within your household. We are excited to worship in the sanctuary together again, but we need to keep each other safe too.
- There will be no food or drink served. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
- Due to the additional safety risks involved with group singing in an enclosed space, we will not be singing during worship. Other expressions of music will continue to be an important part of our service.
- For your safety, you are encouraged to worship remotely if you are in a risk category, including those over 70 years of age, those with chronic lung disease, moderate to severe asthma, chronic heart disease, diabetes, chronic kidney disease, undergoing dialysis, liver disease or weakened immune system.
Remote Worship Options
For those with symptoms, in risk categories, or just feel safer keeping your distance:
We hope to worship at a distance with you through (a) Drive-In Worship on First Sundays at 10:45 am, (b) live radio broadcasts in Blue Mound parking lot every Sunday at 10:45 am at 88.9 FM, (c) Facebook Live broadcasts at 10:45 am and 5:00 pm on Sundays at www.facebook.com/bluemoundmethodist, and (d) videos of worship on our website at www.bluemoundumc.org throughout the week.